v. tear away, remove by tearing

English contemporary dictionary. 2014.

Look at other dictionaries:

  • divulse — /duy vuls , di /, v.t., divulsed, divulsing. Surg. to tear away or apart, as distinguished from cut or dissect. [1595 1605; < L divulsus (ptp. of divellere), equiv. to di DI 2 + vulsus plucked (ptp. of vellere)] * * * …   Universalium

Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”

We are using cookies for the best presentation of our site. Continuing to use this site, you agree with this.